CUSTOM EXHAUST SERVICES
The Muffler Shop II is one of the very few shops in the Rochester, NY area that does custom exhaust work. We have 3 custom exhaust experts on staff that will repair or rebuild your exhaust system. This allows customers to have a more cost-effective solution in comparison to all other shops in the area. Most shops will suggest you replace the entire system, whereas we will custom repair only the area that needs attention.
When it comes to your car or truck exhaust system, we can perform custom exhaust work from the exhaust manifold all the way back to the exhaust tips.
- We can repair or replace your original equipment exhaust parts as needed
- We can upgrade your exhaust for a better look, sound and performance
- We also do custom exhaust on antique and classic cars. We can even work on race cars.
- We have all the specialty tools needed for tough jobs, such as pipe benders, welders, grinders, torches, etc.
Some of the exhaust jobs we will take on:
- Catalytic converters
- Flex pipes
- Dual exhaust
- Foreign and american cars
- Custom pipe bending
- We have a 27K lb. lift to accommodate large trucks, vans and RV’s, some of which require custom exhaust. That sets us apart from other shops that cannot accommodate that size vehicle.
- We have technicians who are experts in the field of custom exhaust. They are highly trained and have a wealth of knowledge and experience in this area.
- Bring your vehicle in for your exhaust needs and we will be happy to give you a free estimate.
Catalytic Converters: Why and When They Should Be Replaced
A catalytic converter is one of the key components in a vehicle’s pollution control system and has a direct impact on performance and the overall environment. Under normal conditions, the catalytic converter reduces tailpipe emissions of hydrocarbons (HC), carbon monoxide (CO) and oxides of nitrogen (NOx) to very low levels by cleaning the pollutants left over from combustion.